Lots to do this weekend in Gauteng! There is a homemaker’s expo as well as a Dinosaur Expo. There are two kiddie shows. There’s a midterm break holiday program and a list of school open days.
- Homemaker’s Expo: 23-26 February
Go along to the Ticketpro Dome in Northgate to give “A Tribute to your Home”, which is the theme of this year’s show. We have posted about this expo last week when we gave away tickets, so you can read more about the details here. But basically you can see everything from books, outside areas, DIY to modern design.
Show times: Thurs & Fri 10:00 – 19:00 | Sat & Sun 09:00 – 18:00
Entrance: R90 Adults, R60 Pensioners, Children under 12 – free
Buy your ticket online at Ticketpro.
Venue: Ticketpro Dome, Northumberland Rd and Olievenhout Ave, North Riding, Johannesburg.
2. Midterm break holiday program: Midrand
Dates: 24-27 February
7:30am -5:30pm (R280) or half day until 1:30pm (R200)
Contact Carla on 0824028169 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See their website.
3. School open days:
- Curro Aurora: Taurus Rd, Sundowner, Randburg. Grade 000-12. From 8am on 25 Feb for interested parents to meet teachers and view facilities.
- Kairos School of Inquiry info talk: 9am for 9:30-11:30am. Grad 0-7. 12 Sabie Rd in Emmarentia.
- The National School of the Arts: 17 Hoofd St in Braamfontein. 25 February 8:30am – 1pm. This school offers performing and creative arts but also art, dance, drama and music alongside a full academic curriculum.
This is a puppet show written and directed by Swannie Swanevelder. In this town everyone has manners apart from Old Man Joe who invents a machine to devour good words. The show starts at 2:30pm and tickets are R50. Check out their website here.
5. ‘The Little Dinosaur’ and ‘Fairywings’
25th of Feb, Saturday 10am.
Double bill. Margaret Auerbach performs the all-time favorite Dinosaur Saga. Out of an egg hatches little Dino, but where are the parents? A funny search with happy ending. So, too, for the fairy who has misplaced her wings: the Fairy Queen is coming to visit and the wings will have to sparkle! Ages 3 and upwards.
39A Greenhill Rd, Emmarentia, for bookings: Kinderspiel@telkomsa.net
011 646 0870, R 60 per person.
6. At the Dino Expo
From 24 Feb – 5 March they will be at the Nasrec Expo centre on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only.
7. In the forest family open day: Walkerville
Forest zip-line, archery, tomahawk toss, tree climb, pony rides, fairy trail & hay-bale splash pond! Alice in Wonderland Coffee Shoppe open – scones & cream, wacky waffles, cold drinks, cold beers & more! Or bring in your own picnic basket & blanket.
Entrance: adults R35, kids R25 includes free entrance to our enchanted real fairy trail – share with all fairy lovers! R30 Adults, R20 kids From 09:30 to 18:00 Cost: R20 – R30 Read more on their website here.