I wrote a few weeks back about some really amazing things about the LG NeoChef microwave and how it’s making my life easier i n the kitchen. In this post I will share two recipes that I have been trying out in this new microwave.
1 kg potatoes
1 clove garlic
100g grated cheese
Nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and wash potatoes and cut them into 5mm slices.
2. Rub the inside of the dish with garlic and butter.
3. Place half of the potatoes in the dish and season.
4. Fill with the remaining potatoes,season, and then pour cream and cheese over the top.
5. Place the dish in the oven. Press Popular Menu twice till it shows “2” and then turn the dial till it shows “2-1”.
Just a heads up that if you make this dish and change the ingredients like I did, (500g potatoes instead of 1kg) it doesn’t work to halve the time. The microwave allocated 20 mins total and I decided to only do 10mins. I had to give it an extra 5 mins to make sure it was properly cooked.
My husband, who is very fussy about the food he eats, liked it and wants me to make it again. So you can take it from me that it was a success.
If you’ve a craving for something sweet this cake in a cup will fill that spot. It is very rich though and you definitely need to pair it with some ice cream.
This recipe is from a blog called “Yummy Tummy”
2 Tablespoons sugar
1.5 Tablespoons cocoa powder
A quarter teaspoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon oil
3 Tablespoons milk
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add oil and milk and mix.
- Pour this into a cup.
- Place chocolate chunks and marshmallows on top.
- Microwave for 35 -50 seconds. In the LG NeoChef 40 seconds was enough.
Serve with ice cream and enjoy!
Additional things I’ve noticed about the LG NeoChef Smart Inverter Microwave in the past few weeks:
- It has a cooling down function. That means that once you’ve finished cooking, it will carry on making a noise, but actually it is cooling down the oven.
- When you leave the microwave door open by mistake the light will eventually go off. I think this is a great energy saver. It used to bug me with the other one that the light stayed on.
- I love that you can actually see what is going on inside. That bright light really helps.
What are your favourite microwave recipes?
This post was sponsored by LG and they also provided the microwave.