Cryotherapy uses low temperatures for a variety of benefits. The name comes from the Greek cryo (cold) and therapy (cure). Today many medical procedures use it to destroy abnormal or diseased tissue but there are aesthetic benefits to it as well. Not to mention relieving muscle pain and swelling too. Today on the blog you can test drive this procedure just on your face with a CryoFacial.
I had a look on the internet to try to understand the process. Essentially, a Cryofacial, according to Advanced Cyro NYC:
- the liquid nitrogen freezes the scalp, face and neck
- this causes your skin to tighten, filling in wrinkles and fine lines (vasoconstriction, which helps dilate capillaries and blood vessels)
- possible collagen production which creates a more youthful appearance
- circulation improves so discolouration and inflammation problems
- the procedure flushes toxins from the skin and reduces impurities
- there’s no downtime afterwards
I also checked out the blogosphere to find people who had actually done it and what they thought.
It doesn’t feel unbearably freezing or like some sort of torture device. In fact, the blast of cold air is extremely soothing. You know how it feels when someone waves one of those old-school handheld fans at you on a swelteringly hot summer day? It’s like that, taken to a whole other level—and very relaxing. My dream scenario would be an hour of that straight, but, alas—cryofacials max out at eight minutes (of pure bliss).
When I peer at my face in a mirror afterwards, I’m excited to see absolutely zero signs of redness or irritation—which is what I normally see after other facial treatments. .. In the moment, my complexion’s actually really glowy, porcelain-like (hey, I’m pale), and—honestly—the best it’s ever looked.
Rachel, Well and Good.
At first, it just felt like normal air being blown onto my face in concentrated, circular motions. Veller focused mainly on my forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and chest. I started feeling the air turn colder after a few minutes, which didn’t bother me in the slightest. It still felt like refreshing bursts of air and nothing like the “freeze” effect I expected. “The purpose of the cold air is to raise the internal body temperature for a short period of time,” says Veller. “But you’re not left with any painful feeling—just tightened skin.”
Veller continued emitting the cold air for about eight more minutes before the procedure was over. That was it!? As happy as I was that I “survived” the freezing process, I was surprised at how simple it all was. Looking in the mirror, I was definitely glowing, and I felt refreshed and more awake.
…While I didn’t notice any tightening of the skin at first, the next day I did feel (and look) incredibly more refreshed than usual. Was the difference in my skin condition super significant? No. But I felt the tightness and rejuvenation for about a week or so.
Jenn from Self.
You can get the procedure done locally here in Cape Town at CryroLiving and they promise the following with their CryoFacial treatment where pressured liquid nitrogen vapour is sprayed directly onto the face, neck and head.
- Immediate tightening of skin
- Reduction in pore size
- Reduction of facial inflammation (“puffiness”)
- Decrease wrinkles and lines
- Stimulation of collagen production
- Improve micro circulation
- Brighten dark spots
- Tightening of hair follicles, thickening hair volume of eyelashes and eyebrows
The treatments are combined with advanced skincare products. Improved absorption offers optimized results.
Would you like to win this procedure?
Follow the Rafflecopter prompts. The more social media you follow, the greater your chances of winning.
Terms and Conditions:
- This competition will run for a week. The winner will be announced on the Facebook page, and emailed.
- This competition is open to Cape Town residents only, or you must be willing to travel to CT to use your prize or give it to someone else there.
- The prize is not transferable.
- You consent to be contacted by CryoLiving when you enter this competition.
- If you have won on SA Mom Blogs in the past 3 months you will not be eligible to win this competition.
- If you win the same prize on another site then you forfeit this one.